Monday, June 15, 2009

Where Have I Been??

Well, I'll tell you! I've been busy, frustrated, and busy some more!

My computer decided to not make spaces between words. Well, it would...with MUCH effort and pounding on the space bar. The whole machine was running a bit hot, and things were just so sluggish. I was planning my trip to Maine, saving up my money, and the thought of saving up for a new computer made me a little sick to my stomach.

Now, my computer was built on March 15, 2002. that's pretty danged old. In fact, it's REALLY old. And you know, it's still a nice machine. It's a Pentium 4, 2.6Ghz, and I had a 160 GB harddrive in it. It had a Gig of RAM, and it really ran quite fast, all things considered. The display was dark, though, making my photo editing difficult. And the keyboard; well, we won't go there.

So!! I figured out a way to get a new puter for six months free interest!! I am so delighted. This is a GORGEOUS machine:

Of course, one laptop looks like any other. But this thing is HUGE...it's got a 17" screen that I love. And the entire thing is bronze. I am delighted!

Now, for my trip to Maine. It was wonderful! The Maine Fiber Frolic was great! I picked up two fleeces...really nice ones, and left them in Maine for processing. I decided that until I have a drumcarder, I am not going to try to attempt to process anything myself. I also got 8 ounces of some lovely dyed roving, and three bars of handmade soap. And I found a Spinner's Control Card, and a jug of Eucalon.

Upon arriving home, I had over 50 pairs of jeans waiting for me at The Buckle. Ann Arbor lost their tailor, so I picked them up. Ugh...three days in a row of sewing, sewing, sewing! I have today off, then it's back to work tomorrow. Ah well, the money will be nice.

After all, the Michigan Fiber Fest is coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment